I received a email from my Grandpa that is the audio from my Grandma's Funeral Service last night and I sat back and listened to it again. I was hoping it would send me spiraling into tears but it didn't. I am not sure why I haven't cried yet. I do not think it has fully set in yet that my world, my heart, my Grandma has passed on. I sit here and look at her obituary and its like I am reading what she would want it to say not that it is actually her's. I don't know what is going on with me but I just know that I miss her so very much but I will do as she asked me about 6 months ago during one of our conversations and that was to celebrate her on her Birthday at the restaurant we always go to on her birthday. I promised her I would do this and let everyone else know to be there as well but I could not promise her they would be there but I will be every year. I just want to cry I don't feel as though I have closure on her passing and who knows I may never which is okay with me.
Grandma I love you more than you could ever know, my heart aches when I see your picture on my wall because I know I can't just call you and tell you that I love you and have you say it back. I know you are watching over all of us and smiling. I know you will be at my wedding smiling down on us. You will be there is spirit.
I Love You Grandma and until we see each other again please be safe and happy.

Betty Jean Daniels Burnside Broadhead 1929 ~ 2010 She died peacefully Tuesday, May 11, 2010, surrounded by her family. She had fought a courageous battle against Emphysema for five years.Betty was born April 3, 1929 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah, daughter of Charles H. and Alice H. Andersen Daniels. She attended school in Eureka, Utah and North Sanpete High School, Mt. Pleasant, Utah, graduating in 1947. Married Bernard Burnside in 1953; he died in 1960. Married Kent S. Broadhead October 1, 1966 in Ely, Nevada; sealed for time and eternity in the Jordan River Temple September 10, 1997. Betty worked in earlier years for Mt. Bell Telephone Company in Salt Lake City. After marriage she "retired" to spend her remaining years as a mother, wife and grandmother. In the 1960's she was deeply involved in the Scouting program. In 1999-2000 Betty and Kent served as LDS missionaries in East and West Malaysia, part of the Singapore Mission. Betty states this was the happiest time in her life. She was a faithful visiting teacher and edited the monthly ward Relief Society news letter for several years. She was an ultimate organizer and a "Momma Bear" for her extended family. She was a Red Hatter, member of the DUP and an avid family historian. Her survivors include children: Raymond Shepherd, Phoenix, AZ; Ralynn (Robert) Buttars, Kearns, UT; Craig (Janet) Broadhead, St. George, UT; Charles (Sandy) Burnside, Taylors-ville, UT; Bret Burnside, Taylorsville, UT; also brothers Mont (Mary Jean ) Daniels, Ephraim, UT; Gary ( Gwen) Daniels, Murray, UT; Dennis (Milly) Daniels, West Valley City, UT; Michael (Karen) Daniels, Santaquin, UT; a sister, Patsy Joan Daniels, Terre Haute, IN; 13 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren. The family requests no flowers. If you choose, make a donation to the Perpetual Education Fund or a charity of your choice. Funeral services will be held Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:00 a.m. at the Jordan Stake Center, 3700 West 4700 S., Taylorsville, UT. Friends and family may attend a viewing Sunday, 6-8 p.m. at McDougal Funeral Home, 4330 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT and Monday at the church, 10-10:45 a.m. Interment, Provo City Cemetery.
No comments:
Post a Comment